Welcome to Season 1, Episode 1 of the Spiritual Directions podcast. In this episode, I sit down with neurologist Dr. James Grisolia to discuss his journey to faith in the face of incredible loss.
How do we stay open to the whispers of the spirit in times of immense struggle? In this episode, Dr. Grisolia opens up about his experiences after the passing of his wife, the impact to his career, and his faith journey.
[smart_track_player url=”https://soundcloud.com/marctshaw-1/the-spiritual-directions-podcast-dr-james-grisolia-43015″]Subscribe to Podcast in iTunes
In this episode you’ll discover:
- A leading neurologist’s journey from a scientific home and a spiritual but not religious background to a deep sense of faith
- How unlikely sources can provide us with the means of moving forward on the spiritual life.
- How life’s profound tragedies can lead us toward spiritual maturity
- A surprising source of body and mind connection Dr. Grisolia found at the age of 49
- The value of meditation for the spiritual life
Join the Conversation
One of the best parts of doing these podcasts is taking part in the conversations they bring about. Every episode, I ask a question to kick it off. This week, the question is:
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
Book: The Wounded Healer – Henri J. M. Nouwen. This is a classic of the spiritual formation genre and one of the professor, writer, and Catholic priest’s most widely read works.
If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find them here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share it by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please subscribe:
iTunes RSS Stitcher
If you enjoyed the show, it’s a big help if you rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That gets the word out, raises rank and visibility, and shares the message.