Welcome to Season 1, Episode 4 of the Spiritual Directions podcast. In this episode, I take a look at the 23rd Psalm from a contemplative perspective.
CLICK TO LISTENSubscribe to Podcast in iTunes
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The analogy between the 23rd Psalm and the stages of the spiritual path
- What the turning point in the Psalm has to do with the Dark Night of the Soul
- The change in relationship between the speaker and the shepherd figure
- What suffering has to do with divine union
- A redefinition of the Psalmist’s use of the term “enemies”
Join the Conversation
One of the great things about doing these podcasts is taking part in the conversations they bring about. Every episode, I ask a question to kick it off. This week, the question is:
Explore Additional Resources
Book: The Psalms with Commentary by Robert Alter. This fascinating translation provides a sense of immediacy to these texts that have become so time worn for some and so archaic for others they may have lost some of their potency in English. Take a fresh look.
If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find them here.
Ask a question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share it by clicking here. I’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please subscribe:
iTunes RSS Stitcher
If you enjoyed the show, it’s a huge help if you rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That gets the word out, raises rank and visibility, and gives us leverage to share the message.